Internet BoulderDash resources
There have been many implementations of BoulderDash written for many different computers. I would like to list here the available implementations that you can ftp or otherwise obtain, any other BoulderDash oriented Web pages available. Please let me know of any BoulderDash Internet resources you know of not listed here.
In this document:
These are web pages that discuss BoulderDash generally (or any commercial implementations), rather than specifc implementations listed below.
- The Great C64 Cheats Compendium - includes cheats for BoulderDash I and II on the Commodore 64. The cheat listed for BoulderDash I is poke 34670,165. On my version, this wouldn't do anything much - it's in the middle of a routine that plays the title screen theme tune. If what it's trying to do is to give you infinite lives, then on my version you would write a NOP into locations $8B05 and $8B06.
- Windows 95/NT Animated Rockford mouse cursor (8K)
As I don't have an Amiga/DOS box/whatever, I can't be sure that all of the following are actually BoulderDash implementations, and not merely games that resemble BoulderDash in some vague way. You tell me, and I'll remove it from the list if it's not "real" BoulderDash (whether exactly the same, or with extensions).
Where's the nearest mirror of Aminet?
You can also try WUSTL's Web copy of Aminet.
The C64 emulator for
the Mac isn't good enough to be able to run BoulderDash, so I haven't been able to examine these
games very closely, nor to supply screenshots.
If there are any C64 versions of Boulder Dash that I don't know about, or if you have any more
information about the versions listed below (such as author, release date, any other pertinent
details) please let me know. Rumor has it that there
are a large number of C64 implementations available (literally hundreds) but I'm yet to
find someone who has them or has the time to convert them from C64 floppies (if they're still on
Commercial "real" Boulder Dash by Peter Liepa
- Boulder Dash (©1984): Get it from Darrin Smith or Per Olofsson
- Boulder Dash II (©1985) (aka Rockford's Riot or Rockford's Revenge): Get it from Darrin Smith or Per Olofsson
- Boulder Dash III (©1986) (aka Professional Boulder Dash III) ("Space" graphics): Get it from Darrin Smith
Apparently by Don Pedro
- Boulder Dash IV: Get it from Darrin Smith
- Boulder Dash V: Get it from Darrin Smith
- Boulder Dash VI
- Boulder Dash VII
- Boulder Dash VIII (9 Aug 1986)
- Boulder Dash IX (31 Aug 1986)
- Boulder Dash X
- Boulder Dash XI (11 Oct 1986)
Blunder Bash series
- Blunder Bash 1
- Blunder Bash 2
- Blunder Bash 3
by No One
- No One's Boulder Dash 1, 2, 3, 4, 5: Get it from the 16 game Boulder Dash archive that is easily available (sorry, no Internet address for it right now).
- No One's Boulder Dash 6 through to 40
- Boulder Dash Pro (same as Boulder Dash III, but normal graphics)
- Boulder Head 1
- Surprise Boulder Dash: looks like Boulder Dash IV (at least at first glance; I haven't looked carefully).
- Swedish Boulder Dash: a "freeze framed" Construction Kit Player with 18 caves loaded.
- Boulder Dash Construction Kit (©1986): contains 15 sample caves. Get it from Darrin Smith
- Rockford's Revenge: Web page available.
- Rockford the arcade game (©1988)
- Brutalo Boulder Dash
- Masters Boulder Dash
- Boulder DasHP (28K) - Author is David Presle aka ORUS. For SX.
- La Mine aux Diamants (28K) - Author is Pigallio Lilian. For SX/GX.
- Check out the index of the directory at HP.It seems to contain one or more BoulderDash related items.
Web page design by Peter Broadribb